If you have a sinus infection, it can be downright painful. The pressure and pain you experience in your cheeks and head can make it feel like something is about to explode inside your head. During this time of year, allergies are a big contributing factor to sinus issues.
If you have sinusitis, it is important to get an accurate diagnosis and effective long-term treatment to prevent the recurrence of this painful condition. Dr. Greg Levitin is an experienced doctor who can accurately diagnose and treat your severe symptoms from sinusitis. However, there are times, if your sinus headache symptoms are mild, that natural remedies can provide you with temporary relief.
Temporary Relief From Your Sinus Headache (Naturally!)
- Hot water vapor will help moisten your sinuses. Take a hot, steamy shower or bath. This will help loosen your mucus and debris in your nose.
- Drink plenty of water. The water will help keep your sinuses moist. In addition, avoid caffeinated or alcoholic drinks that lead to dehydration.
- Believe it or not, spicy foods can help clear your sinuses. Foods such as hot peppers, horseradish and wasabi may help clear your sinuses.
- Place a humidifier in your room or office to moisten the air and your nasal passage.
- Warm compresses applied to your face may help relieve your sinus pain.
While these natural sinus remedies will help relive your pain temporarily, it’s important to get an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment for year-round relief of your chronic sinusitis. Dr. Greg Levitin offers a balloon sinuplasty, which opens up your sinuses and significantly reduces your symptoms of sinusitis. Call New York Sinusitis Treatment today.